What do I receive with my download?The patterns come in a ".zip" format. Download and save it on your desktop. Double-click the .zip-file to open the folder with the PDF inside.
- An instruction e-booklet with step-by-step picture tutorial.
- A Print-At-Home file optimized for printers using both A4/US Letter with size layering (applicable to clothing patterns only).
- A0-file meant for printing at a copy shop or for use on a projector.
How do I get my pattern?
- Once your payment is processed, you should receive a separate email with your order download.
- Check your spam, junk, and promotions folders if you have not received the link.
- If you still are unable to download your pattern, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may have mis-typed your email, or the online system may have been interrupted. Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.
- Note: Some AOL and Yahoo-email users have had issues receiving their download links. If you have not received your pattern download link, please email email@example.com.
How do I print my pattern?
The patterns come in a ".zip" format. Download and save it on your desktop. Double-click the .zip-file to open the folder with the PDF inside. To accurately print your pattern, I recommend downloading Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat for free here.
- Download your file from the download link provided to your email or loading page after your order has been processed.
- Once you have downloaded the .zip file, double-click to unzip it and save it to your laptop.
- Open the file with “PrintAtHome” in the file name, and select the size you want to print by unselecting the “eyeball” in the layers panel on Adobe Acrobat.
- Click to print:
Be sure to set your printer to not scale the pattern pieces by selecting either “Actual Size” or “Custom Scale: 100%”, and "Auto Orientation".
- DO NOT let your printer select the paper size or scale to fit the page as this will morph and shrink the pattern. The pattern lines should print smoothly and not jagged.
- NOTE: Please, do not print the file from a smartphone or tablet. The pattern will not scale correctly.
What size do I print?
Once you download the pattern, open up the instruction PDF and there is a sizing chart on the second page that will help you decide which size to print for your kid.
Can I sell clothes I made with the Jaykaiy Patterns?
Yes: If you want to sell clothing or other kids' items made with Jaykaiy Patterns for your small business, they need to be made by you, and must state that it is made with "Pattern by Jaykaiy" and a link to the pattern. YOU MAY NOT send the pattern or clothing made with the pattern to factories for large scale or mass production of any kind.
Note that most pattern companies do not allow buyers to use their patterns for selling handmade items.
What kind of sewing machine do I need to sew Jaykaiy Patterns?
A regular sewing machine with a basic straight stitch and zig zag is a must; you do not need a serger. While I personally love the look of a serger, you can start out with a regular sewing machine for all Jaykaiy patterns.
If you are wanting to get into sewing your own clothing, I recommend getting a serger. While most knits do not fray, a serger both sews the seam and encases raw edges on the garment, giving it a cleaner look. Sergers do not need to be fancy nor expensive to be effective. My own basic Singer serger cost me $99 and is going on 12 years.
Can I share my Jaykaiy Patterns with others?
No! I spend a lot of time and effort designing my patterns and instructions. If you think a friend or family member may be interested in a Jaykaiy Patterns you have bought, please direct them to my website.
Can a beginner sew these patterns?
Absolutely! I have designed the patterns with beginners in mind, with picture step-by-step instructions. While some may require a bit of patience and bravery (like installing a zipper), you will find the skill level of each pattern in the drop-downs of each pattern description. Beginners and advanced sewists alike are welcome!
Do you have sew-along tutorials?
Yes. A big selection of patterns have sew-along tutorials. If the pattern descriptionh has a section name "Tutorial" section, you will find the video link there.
Subscribe to the Jaykaiy Patterns YouTube Channel.
Do the patterns have size layers?
Yes—Each pattern has layers incorporated into the PDF so you can just select and deselect any sizes you don't want to print. New to layered files? Checkout How to use a layered PDF on the Jaykaiy Patterns YouTube Channel.